The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is a state-level test that is given once a year to recruit qualified candidates to teach in primary (Classes 1 to 5) and upper primary (Classes 6–8). The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) organizes the UPTET exam. Candidates for any teaching job in the state should first pass the UPTET. Those who passed the exam will be able to apply for either a primary teacher or a secondary teacher job, depending on which exam they took.
Over 15 lakh people take the UPTET exam each year, with only about 5 to 6 percent passing. The UPTET Syllabus is publicized by the Uttar Pradesh Exam Regulatory Authority (UPRA). The UPTET is a written test that is divided up into two parts, paper 1 and paper 2. Exam preparation begins with a thorough understanding of the exam’s subject matter.
Candidates who plan to appear for the UPTET should understand the exam’s syllabus. Individuals who want to teach first to fifth grade will take Paper 1. Paper 2 is intended for those individuals who wish to teach students in grades 6 to 8. This will give you the information you need to make a well-targeted plan for the exam.
UPTET Syllabus Paper 1
- Child pedagogy includes subjects like teaching and learning approaches, pedagogy, and learning theory.
- In the Hindi language section’s Language 1 priority, the focus will be on skills related to the language of education.
- Language 2 (Candidates may select one of the following languages: English, Sanskrit, or Urdu ) consists of understanding basic grammatical principles and vocabulary.
- The Mathematics Syllabus includes properties, addition, numbers, subtraction, and division of numbers.
- Environmental studies is a section with high scores. It will test how well the candidates can solve problems and how well they understand how to teach. These subjects include family, hygiene, food, health, etc.
UPTET Syllabus Paper 2
The topics for Child Development, Learning and Pedagogy, Language 1 (Hindi), and Language 2 are the same as what was on the syllabus for the paper 1. Math, science, and social science all have different UPTET Syllabus.
- Child Pedagogy
- Language 1
- Language 2 (Candidates may select one of the following languages: English, Sanskrit, or Urdu).
- Science & Mathematics consists of the following:
- Fibers and textiles, the importance of science in everyday life, anthropology, important scientific discoveries, technology, living and nonliving matter, animal structure and function, microorganisms and how to classify them, and so on.
- Natural numbers, rational numbers, integers, square root, common factor, least common multiple, greatest, cube root, algebra, identities, commercial mathematics, etc.
- Social studies include History, Civics, Geography, Environmental Studies, Homework/Home Science, Physical Education and Sports, Music, Horticulture and Fruit Conservation, and other subjects.
Tips for Preparing for the UPTET Exam
It’s one of the most sought-after exams in the country, with a huge first-and second-paper syllabus. The commission constantly enhances the difficulty of exams in order to choose the best candidates from the general population. Below are some useful preparation tips.
- Study the UPTET syllabus and exam pattern in extensive detail.
- Plan your studies with a good strategy. You can use practice tests and question papers from the year before so you can give enough time to both hard and easy subjects.
- To keep track of your progress and mistakes, take mock tests on a regular basis. Revision should be an essential part of your strategy.
UPTET Selection Process
Candidates who plan to take the UPTET exam must achieve at least the minimum qualifying marks in order to be eligible to apply for any teaching position in the state of Uttar Pradesh. If you pass the UPTET with a score of at least 60% in the general category and at least 55% in the reserved category, you can become a primary or upper primary teacher.
By using BYJU’S Exam Prep, you get the information you need to prepare for an examination. This material includes the eligibility requirements, exam patterns, practice papers, mock exams, and more. With all of this knowledge that has been provided, it should not be too difficult to do well on the test.